Thank you for bringing your child for an assessment. This assists us to establish your child’s needs and will serve as a starting point in preparing your child’s individual work programme.
Unless stated otherwise, a lesson lasts for 80 minutes (1 hour and 20 minutes). During this time students cover written work as well as work on a computer and any attention needed for homework. Each session may have up to five students, each working on their individual work programme. The only thing necessary for your child to bring to the lesson is homework. All books and stationery are provided. If your child is studying Maths at Key Stage 3/ GCSE level, then they should bring their own scientific calculator.
Homework will be issued at the conclusion of each lesson. This is normally one or two sheets per week. Please ensure that your child returns the completed homework the following week.
Regular attendance is important if your child is going to progress with us. Please let us know not later than 12pm on the day (or 5pm on Friday if your child is attending on a Saturday morning) if your child is unable to attend a lesson, for instance sickness or school commitments. If your child cannot attend a lesson, we recommend a ‘make-up’ or ‘catch up’ lesson to compensate for the missed lesson within 2 weeks before or after your child’s usual lesson time. ‘Catch up’ lessons are limited to 2 per term per child/subject.
As a condition of your enrolment, we expect all missed lessons to be paid promptly at the next session and not at a later date. Catch up lessons that are missed will not be credited for further lessons.
Reporting and Communication
After each session your child’s progress is evaluated and their next lesson is planned. At the end of each lesson the teacher will brief you on your child’s progress during the lesson and outline areas of commendation or concern. The teacher will only be able to spend 2-3 minutes briefing you. If you require more information on your child’s progress do not hesitate to contact the centre on 07426 822 759. We are happy to help and advice, particularly when pupils find difficulty with homework.
Deposit/ Advance fee (initial only) £60
Homework Folder and Resources £10
Per lesson payable on the day of the lesson – normal fee + £5
Payment to be made within 7 days of the invoice being sent
The preferred method of payment is via BACS transfer on receipt of invoice. If you choose to pay week by week there will be no discounts offered and an additional £5 per session is payable. Weekly payment options are as follows: CASH. You must keep your payments up to date and the deposit fee (Paid at Enrolment) is used against the last two lessons. Should you wish to pay via Child Care Vouchers or Working Tax Credits, please ask for details.
Mondays to Fridays
3:30 – 4:30pm, 4:30 pm – 5:50 pm, 6:00 pm – 7:20 pm
9:00 am – 10:20 am
10:30 am – 11:50 pm
The Centre is open throughout Bank Holidays and Half Term Holidays and we expect pupils to attend during these times
The Centre is closed during Christmas and at the start of the school year in September. Summer Holiday sessions are available with prior arrangement and are voluntary.
The Essex School Terms and Holidays calendar is used for the holiday dates. Should the holidays not coincide then please speak to the Centre Director.
Conditions of Enrolment: please read carefully
The Tuition Centre:
1. Undertakes to provide tuition by professionally qualified teachers and to use our best endeavours to improve your child’s standard in the respective subject(s) nominated. We do this on an understanding that you will do your best to ensure that homework is completed, and that you will ensure that your child’s attendance is regular and punctual and that fees are paid in accordance with the schedule on page 2.
2. Requires 14 days’ notice when you intend to withdraw your child from the Centre. Your notice must be made in writing by post, e-mail or hand delivered. Verbal notification by telephone or by text is not acceptable. The deposit money (£60) is used against the last two lessons. If you are unclear about this process, please feel free to call the Centre Director. Verbal abuse is neither helpful nor diplomatic and we cannot be held responsible for your personal circumstances.
3. Reserves the right to withhold provision of lessons for non-payment of fees, non-attendance, gross misbehaviour or any other breach of the Conditions of Enrolment. In the unlikely event that a child proves to be unsuitable for tuition, we will inform you and ask you to stop attending. In these circumstances the deposit will not be forfeited. Any other circumstances not mentioned here will be dealt with at the discretion of the Director whose decision will be final.
4. Missed lessons must be paid for. Outstanding tuition fees will be invoiced, and payment must be made before you end enrolment. Outstanding fees will be recovered.
5. Policy for missed lessons and make up lessons must be strictly adhered to. That is, all missed lessons (whatever the reason) must be paid for at the next lesson after your child’s missed lesson.
6. You acknowledge that by enrolling your child, personal data relating to you and your child will be processed in order to manage your child’s study programme and otherwise administering the business. We are committed to ensuring that the personal data held by us is processed lawfully and fairly, and in compliance with our obligations under applicable data protection legislation, including the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. We have taken technical and organisational measures aimed at keeping all personal data under control secure and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss or destruction and damage.
7. We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, provided that any such amendment will not affect any services you have paid for before the change is implemented.