Artists are invited to submit proposals by the end of 26/06/2014
Please upload the following documents at the end of this form.
· A project outline (with accompanying images)
· Artists statement and CV
· Project delivery plan:
*Showing robust research as to where any materials may be sourced, how any technical’s work & other logistical considerations (proposals lacking this detail will NOT be selected).
*All costs associated with the build and derig of the pieces need to be accounted for in the commission awarded.
No additional budget is available for hire of equipment relating to the install of each piece.
· 26 June Deadline for submissions
· 30 June – 5 July Selection of artists to feature in project
· 14 July Site visit for artists to asses requirements
· 30/31 July Installation of artworks on site
· 31 July – 4 Aug Pieces on display at the event
· 4 Aug Pieces dismantled and removed
· 8 Aug – 5 September Evaluation period
Practical Issues to Bear in Mind
· Kendal Calling is an outdoor festival. Therefore all weather conditions should be anticipated.
· There will be little 2nd fix time ie the project proposed must be deliverable and workable at Kendal Calling 1-3 August 2014 (the installation period will be 30/31 July)
· There will be a press call at 6pm on 31 July at which all pieces should be finished
· The work will need to be robust and SAFE.
· The festival takes place in daylight and at night-time.
· The commissions are open to organisations and individual artists
· The pieces will be displayed in a primarily woodland setting
The selection panel will include
Ben Robinson – Director, Kendal Calling
Cordelia Ashwell - Visual Arts, Kendal Calling
Adrian Lochhead – Director, Eden Arts
Tom Higham, FutureEverything