*A Certificate of Catholic Baptism or Reception into the Catholic Church is required in order for the Board of Directors to give the correct priority to an application.
Failure to provide evidence of Catholic Baptism or Reception in the Church may affect the oversubscription criterion that the child’s name is placed in.
Please note that as well as completing this Supplementary Information Form, parents must also complete the Local Authority’s Common Application Form in order for the application to be complete. This Supplementary Information Form is only for school use and is, in conjunction with the Local Authority’s Common Application Form, to enable the Board of Directors to rank applicants using the published oversubscription criteria:
This Supplementary Information Form must be returned directly to Our Lady and St Chad Catholic Academy Old Fallings Lane Bushbury WV10 8BL at by 31st October 2020.
Please note that this is NOT the local authority’s Common Application Form. As well as completing this Supplementary Information Form and returning it directly to the school, you MUST also complete the local authority’s Common Application Form otherwise your application will be deemed incomplete and therefore invalid.
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, we wish to ensure that you are aware of the purpose for which we collect and process the data we have asked for on this form.
1. We are Our Lady and St Chad Catholic Academy at Old Fallings Lane Bushbury Wolverhampton WV108BL
2. Being a Catholic education provider, we work closely with the School’s Diocesan Authority, the School’s Trustees, the Local Authority, the Birmingham Diocesan Education Service and the Department for Education and may share the information you provide on this application form if we consider it necessary in order to fulfil our functions.
3. The person responsible for data protection within our school is Mrs Bhaksho Raj and you can contact them with questions relating to our handling of the data. You can contact them by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. We require the information we have requested for reasons relating to our functions as the admission authority of the school.
5. It is necessary for us to process personal data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller (Article 6(1)(e) of the GDPR).
6. To the extent that you have shared any special categories of data this will not be shared with any third parties except as detailed in paragraph 2 above, unless a legal obligation should arise.
7. It is necessary for us to process special category data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller (Article 6(1)(e) of the GDPR). Additionally processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest on the basis of Union or Member State law which is proportionate to the aim pursued and which contains appropriate safeguards (Article 9(2)(g) of the GDPR).
8. If the application is successful, the information you have provided on this will be migrated to the school’s enrolment system, and the data will be retained and processed on the basis of the school’s fair processing notice and data protection policies which apply to that data.
9. If the application is unsuccessful, the application form and any documents submitted in support of the application will be destroyed after a period of 12 months. The school may keep a simple record of all applications and their outcome as part of their permanent archives in accordance with the school’s data retention policy.
10. To read about your individual rights you can refer to the school’s fair processing notice and data protection policies.
11. If you wish to complain about how we have collected and processed the information you have provided on this form, you can make a complaint to our organisation by contacting the CSEL email@example.com. If you are unhappy with how your complaint has been handled, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at ico.org.uk