!!! YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS SOP !!!
1. Obtain a Photo of the Client and Upload to Client Photo
2. For UC clients obtain a good copy of the last UC Payment Breakdown. A photo from a phone may not be adequate. This may have been completed in the Viewing & Client Assessment form earlier. If so ignore this step
Do not issue a licence for a client with zero UC income or UC that has not been processed
3. For UC clients, first Log in to UC, then complete a UC change of address on their Journal by first and on the Home Page. This may have been completed on the Viewing & Client Assessment form earlier. if so ignore this step
Select Report a Change in Circumstances
Select Where you live and What it Costs
Select Change then I have moved and then enter the Post Code
Select the Correct Address
Complete the Day you Moved from the Licence Start Date
Select No Housing Costs because the council will pay the rent
Select I live in supported accommodation
Submit this form
Go to The Journal and take a copy the last journal entry which will be Where you live and what it costs.
Make a note in the Journal that I have move to supported accommodation with Aves Housing (4664) they will claim Housing Benefit from the council. This is why there are no housing costs.
Ensure that the name of the client is visible at the top right of the screen
Upload a PDF of this with no spaces in the filename to UC Change of Address proof.
4. Making an HB Claim by following the detailed notes below depending on the borough.
5. Print this Licence, ask your client to Sign it at the Hostel
6. Give your client the keys and verify that they can Open the Doors and complete the Client Induction
7. Make a PDF of the signed licence with no spaces in the filename and Upload this to "PDF of Signed Licence".
8. Complete the HB Claim that you started earlier or the COA Email or Form
If you have made a new HB application, make a PDF of the FULL CLAIM FORM. The Claim Summary is not adequate on its own as it will not have evidence of the answers to all the questions on the form such as giving them authority to provide information to us or backdating (this will be much more work later if there is a dispute and you may need to submit another HB claim and apply for backdating and it may be necessary to appeal the decision). Upload this to "PDF of HB Application".
9. Once complete select make a New HB Record, Submit and Submit the HB Manager form when it opens. Do not make changes to this form or re-submit after an HB Record has been made or you will make duplicate HB Records.
10. Ending the Licence. If a client wishes to end the licence and vacate the room. Obtain the date the client wishes to end the license. Make a note in the contact record. If possible obtain evidence. This can be and WhatsApp photo or an email. Update the CR and the HB notes and change the HB status to past once the room is cleared. Do not issue an SOS as the person is giving up the room voluntarily.
UC - Housing Costs
If your client is receiving UC and moving to Lewisham or Bromley then you will need to login to UC and report a change of circumstances - click in where you live and what it costs, change and enter post code and sellect the correct addresss then enter the date the licence starts and select housing costs (YES).
Tell us where you live - Where do you live now (new address)
Select (I rent from a council or housing assocation), (options are I rent from private landlord, I live in a property I own, I rent through a shared ownership scheme, im in a temporary accommodation, im in suported or sheltered accomodation, I live with close relatives, I'm in another type of housing). DO NOT SELECT ANY OF THESE OPTIONS
How much rent do you pay (enter rent amount on licence)
Select how often you pay rent (weekly)
How much do you pay in service charges (service charge)
Select how often you pay service charges (weekly)
Do you have any rent free weeks (No)
Who do you pay rent to (Landlords council or housing assocation)
Name of landord or agent (Aves Housing)
Enter street address (17 Bensham Manor Rd CR7 7AD)
Contact number ( 07956 92 6666)
Email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Number or bedrooms how many bedrooms do you have (1)
Is there anyone else on the tenancy agreement (No)
Is your name on the council tax bill (No)
Are these details correct (yes - in confirm they are correct)
Save this page as a PDF -and upload on licence
Once you have completed go on to the Journal and message the work coach. I have completd a direct payment for for all housing costs to go to landlord. i live in accommodation exempt from benefit cap.
Completing the Direct to UC Landlord Paymnent
Then on google type in direct to landlord payment universal credit.
Click on the first link - Direct Payments then select start now
What type of paynent you are applying for (direct rent payment)
Has your tenant missed 2 months or more rent payments (NO)
What is the reason for this request (Health - mental health conditions)
Addiction and domestic violence (drug addiction or addiction problems)
Rent details ( enter the rent amount from the licence)
How often is rent paid (weekly)
Tenant detail (refer to licence name DOB address)
What are your Lanlord details
Name, address, email (email@example.com)
code will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the compliance for this code
once you enter the code then you can save the details as a PDF
Then confirm and submit
Upload the UC change of addres to the UC COA
Upload the direct payment PDF to the licence under PDF of HB application or COA Email