!!! YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS SOP !!!
1. Obtain a Photo of the Client and Upload to Client Photo
2. For UC clients obtain a good copy of the last UC Payment Breakdown. A photo from a phone may not be adequate. This may have been completed in the Viewing & Client Assessment form earlier. If so ignore this step
Do not issue a licence for a client with zero UC income or UC that has not been processed
3. For UC clients, complete a UC change of address on their Journal by first logging in and on the Home Page. This may have been completed on the Viewing & Client Assessment form earlier. if so ignore this step
Select Report a Change in Circumstances
Select Where you live and What it Costs
Select Change then I have moved and then enter the Post Code
Select the Correct Address
Complete the Day you Moved from the Licence Start Date
Select No Housing Costs because the council will pay the rent
Submit this form
Go to The Journal and take a copy the last journal entry which will be Where you live and what it costs.
Ensure that the name of the client is visible at the top right of the screen
Upload a PDF of this with no spaces in the filename to UC Change of Address proof.
4. Making an HB Claim
Is the Client moving to a Merton Hostel or the Client moving to a new borough? - Make a new HB Claim then save a copy until you have added all the evidence then submit and upload a PDF copy of the submitted claim to this form
Is the Client moving into Croydon? - Make and submit an HB Claim then Email the evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and upload the email to this form
Is the Client moving within a borough but not Merton? - It is ok to fill an online form or COA email to the council with a new licence and upload a copy of the form or Email to this form
HB Claim links Croydon Enfield Greenwich Lambeth Lewisham Merton RBKC Wandsworth
Note for Enfield the link will bring you to Welcome to better off Enfield. Click on your money to start the benefits calculator (access and track). If your client does not already have an Enfield Connected account make on with Create an Account (Click Register).
Once you have registered the client will get a confirmation email from Enfield. Get them to follow the instructions on this email to complete the registration. Then Sign in to Enfield Connected using the email and password you created to start the benefits calculator. Complete this and then complete the HB Application - but do NOT submit yet.
Save your form before you submit it and copy the link into the HB Link to Application. Then add ID proof of NINO, signed license, etc, and submit the form.
5. Print this Licence, ask your client to Sign it at the Hostel
6. Give your client the keys and verify that they can Open the Doors and complete the Client Induction
7. Make a PDF of the signed licence with no spaces in the filename and Upload this to "PDF of Signed Licence".
8. Complete the HB Claim that you started earlier or the COA Email or Form
If you have made a new HB application, make a PDF of the FULL CLAIM FORM. The Claim Summary is not adequate on its own as it will not have evidence of the answers to all the questions on the form such as giving them authority to provide information to us or backdating (this will be much more work later if there is a dispute and you may need to submit another HB claim and apply for backdating and it may be necessary to appeal the desision). Upload this to "PDF of HB Application".
9. Once complete select make a New HB Record, Submit and Submit the HB Manager form when it opens. Do not make multiple HB Records.