VOLUNTEER with us at Parrot Trust Scotland
Parrot Trust Scotland is a charity that is run entirely by the efforts of our dedicated volunteers. From animal welfare to office duties and events, we strive to ensure that our volunteers are involved in all aspects of our work.
Answers to all your questions about volunteering at Parrot Trust Scotland
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER?
Anyone over 18 years of age can apply to volunteer their time, and we welcome volunteers from a diverse variety of backgrounds. If you are unable to directly volunteer for us, perhaps you could consider helping us to raise vital funds instead.
HOW DO I APPLY TO VOLUNTEER?
In the first instance we ask you complete our volunteer application form on the next page.
I DON’T HAVE A LOT OF FREE TIME - CAN I STILL VOLUNTEER?
Becoming a volunteer with Parrot Trust Scotland does not require a specified amount of time but we would anticipate a few hours every month towards a specific task or activity. We recognise that sometimes your availability might vary, so we will always be flexible.
DO I NEED SPECIFIC SKILLS TO VOLUNTEER?
Enthusiasm, a friendly attitude and a willingness to get involved in some hard work are certainly essential. You might have other skills to help with roles like these:
* Raising the profile of Parrot Trust Scotland and supporting our work to educate people on how to give their parrot a safe, healthy and happy life
* Talking to applicants who want to adopt a parrot, helping to make sure our parrots go to the best new homes
* Talking sensitively to owners who need our help to find a new home for their parrot
* Social media contributions e.g. search for new posts, type up/create posts, manage social media pages
* Newsletter contributions
* Website maintenance, technical troubleshooting, building content
* Public events e.g. conference stalls
* Fundraising events
* Transporting parrots to their new homes and the occasional vet visit.
WHAT DO WE PROVIDE TO OUR VOLUNTEERS?
We provide training for many aspects of volunteering with Parrot Trust Scotland. This allows you to have an introduction to the charity and find out how we operate and what we do.
We provide reimbursement for our volunteers’ travel expenses to and from their volunteering shifts.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will strive to answer any queries you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.