The CFPC believe there are many people who go that extra mile when it comes to sustainable food practices, who don't get the recgnition they deserve. This awards program is designed to recognise those people, acknowledge their good work and encourage others to follow suit.
Applicants, who must be Cork-based, are invited from each of the following three categories:
1. Private Business... e.g.; food retailer, producer or other food enterprise.
2. Non-profit Organisation... e.g.; community gardens, voluntary bodies, charitable organisations.
3. Educational Institution... e.g.; primary, secondary or third level institutions. skills & training providers.
Applicants are being asked to illustrate their commitment to each of the CFPC's five core values:
1. Health and wellbeing for all.
2. A thriving local economy.
3. Resilient, food-friendly communities.
4. Lifelong earning & skills.
5. A reduced environmental footprint.
Successful applicants will be awarded the 2017 CFPC Certificate of Recognistion at a special event in the City Hall on Thursday 19th January 2017. In addition, one outstanding example from each category will be awarded the 2017 CFPC Certificate of Excellence, along with a cash prize of €500 kindly donated by SuperValu Ireland.