Application for Membership
I hereby apply for membership of Castledown FM Ltd and give personal details in this form, which I agree can be held in paper and/or electronic form for the purposes of: keeping a register of members; informing of any meetings; Safe-Guarding in conjunction with The Wellington Academy; and informing me of matters of interest concerning the activities of the company.
Full membership shall be open to any person aged 18 or over that the Directors decide to admit to membership subject to them having actively and regularly contributed to the Company’s objectives for a period of not less than six months, and has undertaken a successful ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check or similar appropriate checks as deemed required by the directors at the time.
The Board of Directors decision on all matters is final.
It is hereby agreed that:
1. Members must work in accordance with the rules and regulations either written or verbal as set out by Castledown FM Ltd (‘the company’), The Wellington Academy and any third parties as agreed by the Board of Directors.
2. The Company is a 'not for profit' volunteer run organisation and as such members are required to work in accordance with these values.
3. All members must work in a safe manner and adopt a proactive approach to health and safety.
4. Due to the ‘volunteer’ nature of the Company, it is expected that members respect the facilities and equipment and strive to maintain a safe and clean environment.
5. The Company operates a broadcast environment, it is therefore essential that members familiarise themselves with the appertaining rules and regulations, especially those of Ofcom and adhere to them at all times.
6. Members are not permitted to use the facilities for personal advantage or financial gain.
7. No member has the authority to make copies, distribute, sell or share in any way, copyright music or program material owned by the Company.
8. Unless previously agreed in writing by the Board, all work written or created by a volunteer/s for transmission or broadcast by the Company, it is explicitly agreed that Castledown FM Ltd, will inherit and become the sole owner of all intellectual property rights relating to that material.
9. From time to time new music or written scripts may be sent to Castledown FM; this may be sent to the Company's premises or directly to a member, this with the specific intention that the material be considered for broadcast. This material, will on receipt, become the property of the Company and should not be copied, sold or shared with third parties without the express written consent of the Board of Directors.
10. Every member agrees to hold a current Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate (DBS) for working on the school site and this will be arranged via Castledown FM Ltd and The Wellington Academy at no cost to the member.
11. All members working on site must agree to comply with the Safe-Guarding requirements as set out by The Wellington Academy.
12. Members should wear their photo ID security badge at all times when accessing the premises.
13. All members will comply with security and safety requirements for working on the site and these requirements may be updated from time to time and it is expected that members will keep themselves up to date with current policies.
14. Any issues or grievances must be put in writing to the Board of Directors.
1. The Company has three classes of membership, namely: Individual, Associate and Group.
2. Associate membership shall be open to any person aged 14, subject to Board approval.
3. Full membership shall be open to any person aged 18 or over that the Directors decide to admit subject to them having actively and regularly contributed to the Company’s objectives for a period of not less than six months, and has undertaken a successful ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check or similar appropriate checks as deemed required by the Directors at the time.
4. Full membership shall be reclassified as Associate membership if a member fails, in the opinion of the Directors, not to have actively or regularly contribute to the Company’s objectives for a period of not less than one year, without reasonable justification, excuse or cause.
5. If a member has not contributed to the Company’s objectives for a period of not less than two years without reasonable justification, excuse or cause, then membership of the company is deemed terminated.
A member stops being a member of the Company if:
1. The member resigns from membership, by giving notice in writing to the company.
2. The member fails to comply with the rules and regulations of the Company.
3. The member fails to demonstrate behaviour suitable for the location or environment specifically that of Safe Guarding of children.
4. If a member fails to disclose anything that significantly impacts your ability to work within a school environment.
5. Fails to contribute to the Company's objectives for a period of not less than two years.
6. The Board of Directors decision on all matters is final.