What does the Photography track look like?
We will focus on learning to photograph the world around us with excellence and creativity. In this track students will be learning from experienced professional photographers both locally and internationally. We will explore the beautiful fjord region around us with our cameras, as well as globally once on outreach. In addition, we will try out several different kinds of photography including landscape, travel, portrait, documentary, and other types of photography. We will also learn to work with and direct people during photo shoots.
Goals of the Photo Track:
- To be able to use a DSLR camera and lenses fluently, in any light and any conditions
- To learn how to use Adobe Photoshop Lightroom to edit and organize photos
- To learn the basics of off-camera flash
- To develop personal style
- To be able to take dynamic portraits of individuals and groups
- To create a personal blog/website platform to showcase photos online
- To learn to tell captivating photo stories while honoring different cultures around the world
Who is this track for?
The Photo Track is ideal for people who have a desire to use their passion for photography to share stories, who are willing to learn and want to develop their skill and personal style, and who want to make an impact with their photos.
What to bring:
- DSLR Camera, preferable one you are comfortable using
- Personal laptop for editing
- Adobe Lightroom if you already have it
- Any addtional equipment you use regularly (lenses, filters, etc.)