Applications will be assessed against the following criteria
• Does the project have a connection to the Lost Eden conceptual brief?
• Does the project further the vision for the Lost Eden woodland area?
• Is the artistic idea clearly described?
• Is the project suitable for a woodland setting?
• Do the plans indicate that the artistic aims of the project are likely to be achieved?
• Has the applicant demonstrated that they have a track record of achieving their artistic aims?
• Does the application demonstrate a commitment to artistic excellence and ambition?
• Will the activity provide an excellent experience for those that engage with it as audiences, readers or participants?
• How innovative does the project reflect the themes of the 2018 commissioning project?
• Does the project reflect the relevant scale for the space and fits with the night time festival environment?
• Is there evidence that the activity will involve good quality public engagement?
• Does the proposed activity engage new participants, readers or audiences?
• Does the applicant understand who the intended audience / readership for the project are? Do they have a realistic plan for how the work will reach that audience / readership?
• If the activity is about developing rather than presenting work, the application must demonstrate how the fund will eventually help them to reach an audience or readership for their work.
Are the plans to deliver the activity clear and realistic?
Does the applicant have demonstrable track record of delivering similar projects or activities?
Does the application demonstrate that those involved in the activity have the relevant skills and expertise?
Is the timetable for planning and delivery realistic?
Does the applicant have a sustainable policy for producing work
Is there evidence of value for money?
Is the budget for the activity realistic?
Is there a clear and realistic breakdown of income and expenditure?
Has the applicant provided payment details?
For individual applicants, has s/he provided a reference?
Project Requirements, Delivery and Monitoring
The successful applicant will be required to liaise with each festival on H&S compliance and production delivery. The applicant will need their own public liability insurance.
All successful applicants will be required to submit information and evidence for evaluation of the project and festival.
The panel can offer successful applicants advice and support during the development of the project, adding to the overall learning experience.