Guidelines for Submitting Articles
We welcome your articles, but please note that for publishing requirements, we ask that you adhere to the following specification and editorial policy:
I. THEMES, TYPE OF ARTICLES, CONTENT
We welcome articles on broad range of themes. They just have to be related to prisons and corrections. Case Studies, Prison Presentations, Researches, Ideas and Innovations, Practical Information – these are just few examples of what type of articles we are seeking.
Promotion of products or services wouldn’t be published as it is against our policy. If you are unsure or if you need help regarding the content, format and structure of the article – we would be happy to assist you.
II. GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING ARTICLES
1. General requirements
1.1. File format: Word Document.
1.2. Length of the article: Max. 3000 words.(excluding Bio)
1.3. Images & Pictures
1.3.1. Pictures format: Preferably EPS. If not possible – PNG, JPG, JPEG.
1.3.2. Pictures size: At least 100 dpi.
2.1.1. Title length: Max. 30 words
2.1.2. Title font size : 12 pt.
2.1.3. Title style: Bold, Capital Letters.
2.2. Author (Full name) & Biography
2.2.1. Font size: 10 pt.
2.2.2. Font style: Italic.
2.2.3. Biography length: Max. 150 Words
2.2.4. Pictures format: PNG, JPG, JPEG.
2.2.5. Pictures size: At least 100 dpi.
2.3.1. Introduction length: Max. 300-400 words.
2.4.1. Length: Max. 2300 words.
2.4.2. Font type: Arial.
2.4.3. Paragraph text size: 10 pt.
2.4.4. Line spacing: 1.5 lines.
2.5.1. Length: Max.300 words.
III. EDITORIAL POLICY
By submitting material to ICPA - International Corrections and Prisons Association you warrant to us that any texts, photos, videos, audio material and any other content you submit:
(1) is your original work,
(2) does not infringe or violate any law, rule or regulation or the rights or intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright, trademarks, design rights, data base rights, whether registered or unregistered, or any similar rights recognised anywhere in the world) of any person (or encourage anyone else to do so),
(3) is not objectionable, inaccurate or inflammatory,
(4) is not obscene, defamatory, libellous, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive,
(5) is not an advertisement, it doesn’t promote a product, service and it is not a solicitation of business or contributions,
(6) complies with all applicable law and policy in the territory of publication.
You own your submissions, but we can still use them. You own the copyright in your content but by submitting any content to ICPA - International Corrections and Prisons Association, you grant us a worldwide, royalty-free licence for the full period of copyright to exercise all rights under copyright with respect to such content, which ICPA - International Corrections and Prisons Association may use and exploit (along with your name and identifying features) on its website, e-Bulletin, “Beyond the Wall” and any other publicity.
We reserve the right to make editorial changes before publication.