By submitting this offer all named tenants have accepted and will be bound by all our policies, procedures and schedule of charges.
Schedule Of Tenant Charges & Procedures
Amounts required in order to reserve a property:
- An amount equivalent to one week’s rent.
Further amounts required before moving into a property:
- One calendar month’s rent in advance.
- Deposit equivalent to 5 week’s rent (or in the case of rental income of more than £50,000 per annum 6 weeks rent), less one week’s rent already paid.
You will be required to pay a holding deposit which is a sum equivalent to one week’s rent. Once this sum is received we will normally suspend viewings of the property. If you subsequently decide not to proceed or there are any issues with your references these amounts will not be refunded. If the landlord were to change their mind and decide not to let the property other than due to issues with your references we will refund this money in full to you. However if you proceed to enter into the tenancy the one weeks rent which has been paid will be offset against the required sum for the deposit, which is normally 5 week’s rent (or in the case of rent of more than £50,000 per annum 6 weeks rent)..
Right to Rent and Referencing
Please be aware that as part of the referencing and Right to Rent checks, each tenant will be asked to provide information including previous/current landlord and employer referee details, financial information, Passport/ID documentation and any relevant visas. A credit check will be carried out as part of the referencing process.
A sum equivalent to 5 week’s rent (or in the case of rent of more than £50,000 per annum 6 weeks rent) is payable before moving into the property. The one weeks rent paid as part of the reservation process will be off set against this amount. The deposit is normally lodged, by us, with the Deposit Protection Service. Please note that some of our landlord clients administer their own deposits and we will advise you accordingly.
Rent in Advance
One calendar month’s rent is payable before moving into the property. This is calculated as follows: Weekly rent multiplied by 52 and divided by 12.
Check Out Cleaning
The property must be returned at the end of the tenancy in the same condition, allowing for fair wear and tear, as at the start of the tenancy. If the property has been professionally cleaned at the start of the tenancy then tenants will be required to have the property cleaned to the same professional standard at the end of the tenancy. Tenants will need to provide us with a copy of the cleaning companies invoice as proof.
If we require you to provide a Guarantor they must be UK based, a property owner and have sufficient income. They will be required to sign a Deed of Guarantee and they will be a party to the tenancy. Guarantors, like Tenants, are Jointly and Severally liable meaning that a Guarantor does not underwrite a specific sole Tenant but they underwrite the entire tenancy the same as individual Tenants do not fulfill their obligations to the terms of the tenancy by only paying their share of the rent. You must ensure that you make any Guarantor FULLY aware of what they are entering into before they agree to proceed as the terms of the Deed of Guarantee are non-negotiable.
In order to carry out referencing, secure your deposit, generally administer your tenancy and manage the property we may share your data with the following:
- Referencing Agencies.
- The Deposit Protection Service.
- Your landlord.
- Contractors who may need to visit the property during your stay.
- Utility providers.
- The Local Authority.
- In the case of flats the Managing Agents of the building.
Home Set Up Services
Rochford Stokes Limited has partnered with Just Move In to assist with all your
home moving admin. All movers will receive this complimentary Home Setup Service
which comprises arranging change of occupation notifications for council tax and utilities, as well as setting up optional services such as broadband, TV, phone, insurance, and/or where requested other home or move related needs such as insurance, storage or removals
(known as the “Home Setup Service”). All you have to do is book in for a call with one of their move specialists and let them do all the hard work! (Please note that in order to arrange and confirm the scope of the Home Setup Service to be provided, you will be contacted by telephone, text or email by Just Move In.) The Home Setup Service is provided on our behalf by Ethical Introductions Limited (t/a Just Move In). Rochford Stokes may receive a commission from Just Move In of up to £7.50 per service taken.
- Payment for the late payment of rent;
- Payment for a breach of the tenancy agreement up to the prescribed limit;
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water;
- Communications Installation/Supply– telephone and broadband;
- Installation of cable/satellite;
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier;
- Television licence;
- Council Tax; and
- Other permitted payments (any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages).
- Cleaning- If the property has been professionally cleaned at the start of the tenancy it will be the Tenants responsibility to do the same at the end of the tenancy. For the sake of consistency and to avoid disputes we recommend that the tenants employ the same cleaners used.