A chance to join the discussion, network, and learn from prominent climate scientists and experts participating in the IPCC assessment process on topics related to the IPCC Special Report on Oceans and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate (SROCC). This event will provide background information on the assessment process, and perspectives from the scientific communities working on mountains, polar regions, and past climates on the challenges and prospects for research on climate change in these environments.
- Prof. Valérie Masson-Delmotte, IPCC Working Group I Co-Chair
- Dr. Gian-Kasper Plattner, Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow, and Landscape Research (WSL)
- Prof. Christian Huggel, University of Zurich
- Prof. Ulrike Lohmann, ETH Zurich
- Prof. Darrell Kaufman, Northern Arizona University.
The event brochure and full programme are availble for download via this link.
This event is hosted by the Mountain Research Initiative, Past Global Changes, and the Swiss Polar Institute, in collaboration with ProClim, and is free of charge, however registrations are needed due to limited seating capacity. Please register by Friday 7 December 2018 using the form below.
Instructions for joining the meeting online will be available on the event homepage in December. No registration is required for online participation.
We look forward to your participation!