The PSA International Visitor Scheme supports the presentation of research at the PSA Annual Conference by members of partner PSAs across the world. This replaces the existing system of bilateral ‘exchange agreements’. It is operated with the support and assistance of PSA Specialist Group convenors to ensure that international visitors are able to engage with relevant audiences and research networks at the PSA conference.
Each year the PSA typically makes around ten international visitor grants for its annual conference, depending on the size of awards made.
1. International visitor grants are intended to build links with overseas associations and facilitate the dissemination of research. The scheme is only open to members of partner political science associations or IPSA presenting a paper at the PSA Annual Conference.
2. Applicants must complete the below form and submit it accompanied by a brief and relevant CV (max. 2 sided pages ) All applications will be reviewed by the PSA. Applications submitted for a paper within a pre-approved panel will be prioritised.
3. International visitor grants will typically cover the cost of conference registration and a contribution of around £500 towards travel and accommodation.
4. Applicants must provide contact details for the partner association in order to confirm membership/eligibility.
5. You will be paid only against receipts before or after the event. Actual receipts (from airlines, hotels etc., not just credit card statements) MUST be submitted to the PSA within 6 weeks following the event scanned and emailed firstname.lastname@example.org.