We invite proposals from artists for a £12,000 level commission. This fee should cover all labour, materials and accommodation.
Artists are required to upload proposal documents to be considered for this commission. All completed applications will be reviewed by the panel, and you will be notified of the decision in writing, via email. Unfortunately, due to limited resource the festival is not able to offer feedback on unsuccessful applications.
• Application return deadline – 1 March 2019
• Panel review and shortlisting – 15 March 2019
At this point you may be required to provide more information or clarify your proposals
• Unsuccessful applicants notified, and awards made by 1 April 2019
• Delivery and Communications – April to July 2019
• Live event dates:
bluedot festival (18-21st July).
Kendal Calling (25-28th July).
Shambala festival (22-25th August)
Lakes Alive (6-8th September)
Arts by the Sea (27-29th September)
• Feedback and evaluation – October 2019
• The application is open to organisations and individual artists.
• The project must be presented at all co-commissioning festivals.
• The commission is for a new piece of work, however, developments of existing work will also be considered
• All project expenditure must take place after the panel decision has been formally announced to successful applications.
Commissions will normally be paid in two instalments. Further information will be provided to the successful applicant.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the guidelines for further information on assessment.