The PSA International Conference Grants Scheme supports presentation of research at overseas conferences held by national and international political science associations. Application is by email only to email@example.com.
You will need to follow the guidelines and conditions set out below.
1. You must be a current Political Studies Association member. You must also be recorded by the Membership Secretary as having paid a membership subscription for two consecutive years prior to the year in which you apply, i.e. for applications received between 1 January and 31 December 2018, you must have paid a membership subscription in BOTH the calendar years 2016 and 2017. You must NOT have received support from this fund in the past three years.
2. Your funding is limited to accepted-paper presentation only at conferences/meetings/congresses held by national and international political science associations. The following list is indicative but does not exclude other national PSA venues:
- APSA (including APSA ‘regionals’ such as Midwest, Northeast, Western, Southern)
- APISA (Asian Politics & International Studies Association)
- Argentina PSA
- Australia PSA
- Bolivia PSA
- Brazil PSA
- Canada PSA
- Chile PSA
- Colombia PSA
- Hellenic PSA
- Hong Kong PSA
- Japan PSA
- Korea PSA
- Mexico PSA
- New Zealand PSA
- Slovenia PSA
- South Africa PSA
- Uruguay PSA
- International Studies Association (ISA)
3. All applications will be reviewed by at least two Trustees or Co-opted officers of the PSA.
4. The sum awarded typically is around £500. Larger awards may be made in cases where justification is provided. In particular we encourage submissions from early career researchers and members without institutional support, and those that promote equality and diversity within the profession.
5. You will be paid only against receipts before or after the event. Actual receipts (from airlines, hotels etc., not just credit card statements) MUST be submitted to the PSA within 6 weeks following the event and listed on the relevant hardcopy form, posted to the address on the form [or scanned and emailed] . Only travel and accommodation costs will be covered, not subsistence or conference registration or membership fees for other associations.
6. You may apply in advance of paper-acceptance but payment of an award cannot be authorised until documentary evidence of acceptance (e.g. email acknowledgement from the conference organisers) has been received. After funds are exhausted through an initial allocation, there will be a waiting list in case of default or cancellation.
7. At the end of the conference you are required to send the PSA a mandatory 300 word feature report about your experience for publication on the PSA website. Photographs are also very welcome. We also encourage submission of contributions based on your paper to the PSA Blog. Overseas trips that include additional activities aimed at raising the international visibility of political studies (e.g. outreach events, practitioner engagement, other forms of dissemination) will be considered for additional funding under the scheme