Terms of Business for Services Effective 12th April 2018
1. The client agrees to the best of my knowledge all information given at the meet & Greet, were accurate and true about my dog(s) Nothing was withheld especially if that said information could pose a risk of endangerment to my dog carer, members of the public or any other animals.
2. The Client agrees that, in signing up their dog(s), Pups go walking has relied on the Client’s representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person or any other dog.
4. All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by Pups go walking staff prior to using Pups go walking services. Pups go walking services reserves the right to refuse admission to any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
4. The Client agrees to notify Pups go walking services immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative, or dangerous behaviour of their dog that has the potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
5. Pups go walking offers services where dogs co-mingle in groups and the Client accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
6. Pups go Walking services will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘off the lead consent form’ has been signed, and will remain at the discretion of Pups go walking staff.
7. All dog walkers and sitter working under Pups Go Walking, are employed as Independent contractors. These contractors work as self-employed and are licensed and insured privately.
Bookings and cancellations
1. The Client can make last minute bookings (within three days) for any service, the request may be declined or accepted based on the availability of the client’s dog sitter. The client must note that they must receive confirmation from Pups go walking that the service has been booked. In the event confirmation was not given to the client, the service booked will not be valid.
2. The Client can cancel any dog walking jobs booked up to 48 hours in advance before service was due to begin. The client will not be charged for cancellation.
3. The Client will be charged the full price of boarding, sitting, and visits, at the time of the booking. The service booked will not be confirmed, or carried out if the full payment is not received. Therefore the client's request will be terminated.
4. The Client will be charged the full price of the booked dog walking service if the client cancels within 24 hours before the service is due to start.
5. The Client can cancel Boarding and sitting/visiting jobs up to 10 days in advance before service is due to begin, for a 100% refund.
6. The Client can cancel Boarding and sitting/visiting jobs up to five days in advance before service is due to begin, for a 50% refund.
7. The Client can cancel Boarding and sitting/visiting jobs up to two days in advance before service is due to begin, no refunds will be given to the client.
8. The Client understands that if any boarding and sitting jobs in which the client needs to pick up or relieve their dog(s) from the dog sitter’s supervision, is delayed by the client one hour or more. The Client will be charged any additional late pickup fee of £5 for every hour the sitter is kept waiting. Only on this occasion may the late pickup fee be paid directly to the dog sitter. The client also understands that pick up or drop off times made after 1 pm, will be considered a full day of service and the client will be charged the full price of that boarding day.
9. The client can make last minute bookings (within three days) for service from their dog sitter, but my request can be declined or accepted based on the availability of their dog sitter.
10. In the event Pups go walking has to cancel your services due to the sudden unavailability of the client’s dog sitter. The client will be fully reimbursed and or will not be charged for the service.
11. In the event Pups go walking has to cancel services due to extreme weather conditions, staff will notify the client three days in advance of booked services. Staff will not resume services that deem risky to themselves until conditions have improved and become safe again.
15. The Client is responsible for the full cost of all treatment of any injuries or illness that their dog(s) receives while under the care of Pups go walking services, together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorizes the staff of Pups go walking services to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the staff of Pups go walking services may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs immediately upon pick-up of their dog, or by agreement with the proprietor.
16. The Client must declare any pre-existing illness discomfort before service is due to begin Pups go walking staff and carer.
Cause for cancellation
1. Although we carefully screen all applicants, occasionally we discover that this is not an appropriate service for every dog. Pups go walking out reserves the right to permanently remove a dog from our services at any time.
2. If the Clients dog(s) shows aggression or becomes un-manageable for any reason during the service period. Pups go walking carer reserves the right to cancel service at any time during the service period. The client is obligated to collect their dog(s) from the carer or arrange the clients’ alternative contact to collect the dog(s).
3. The Client must let the Pups go walking staff know if they are unable to collect their dog(s). In the event, the client sends an alternative contact to collect the dog(s) unless the client has contacted and given the carer consent for the unknown person. The Pups go walking sitter will not allow the client's dog(s) to be taken by the said person.
4. The Client takes full financial and legal responsibility for their dog(s) if the dog(s) are at fault in causing any accident to themselves, member of public, or pups go walking staff. The client agrees to indemnify Pups go walking services in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
5. Pups Go walking boarding services reserves the right to refuse admission if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations (including bordetella, Kennel Cough) or the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete for boarding services.
6. Bitches may not attend Pups go walking services while in season or pregnant. Un-neutered dogs may only attend sole walks and house sits, Pups go walking services reserves the right to refuse admission if these criteria are not met.
7. The Client accepts that even though their dog is vaccinated against Bordetella (Kennel Cough)? there is a chance that their dog can still contract Kennel Cough. The Client agrees that they will not hold Pups go walking responsibly if their dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending.
8. For boarding services, the Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client further agrees to notify Pups go walking immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to: Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, Coronavirus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases, and Intestinal Parasites. Pups go walking reserves the right to refuse admission until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
9. The Client consents to their dog being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Pups go walking without prior approval from the Client. All such media remain the property of Pups go walking.
10. The Client agrees that any item left with Pups go walking staff is at risk of being lost, stolen, or damaged such items include; leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their dog(s).
11. Pups go walking reserves the right to cancel or refuse, services to the client if the client has treated any of the staff in a disrespectfully, maliciously or threatening manner.
Keys, access security
1. Pups go walking retain two (2) copies of your key/s at the time of your registration meeting. We will return your keys to you in person within 20 days of receiving written notice of your desire to have them returned. There is a £10.00 pick up fee if keys are available on the meet and greet, and need to be collected any time outside office hours. There is a £10.00 key drop-off fee, and you or your designee must be there to receive the keys and sign for them. We do not leave keys in hidden locations on your property and will not mail them to you at your home address. Your keys will be kept locked in a safe place.
2. The Client agrees that by signing the key holder waiver form this will indemnify Pups go walking in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in the present and future circumstances.
3. In the event keys to Clients, the property is lost by the Pups go walking carer, the carer is privately insured and obligated to pay the client to have new keys made and or locks changed if necessary.
4. The client understands that Pups go walking cannot serve you if you choose to allow additional help from relatives, neighbors, friends etc. To come and share the role and responsibilities of house sitting, pet sitting or dog sitting with our staff when you are away from your home. For liability reasons, and the safety of your possessions.
5. Either client or Pups Go walking has the right to terminate this agreement at any point in time by notice to the other. Client acknowledges that services will cease upon termination of this agreement.
There will be a £10 per hour delivery fee if Pups go walking carer needs to pick-up supplies for your pet. Please remember to leave adequate (or more!) food, cleaning supplies, leashes, etc. for your pet’s needs.
A one-time £15.00 fee will be charged for procession all new clients at the time of consultation. This fee is non-refundable. This fee will be added onto your invoice.
Off the Lead
1. I understand that due to the way that dogs interact with one another, minor cuts and scratches can occur even though the dogs are carefully supervised at all times.
2. If your pet is not collected on the due day and we are unable to contact you or your Emergency Contact, we will assume your Pet has been abandoned and after seven days we will make arrangements for your pet to be re-homed.
1. Payments are to be made directly to pups go walking manager NOT the dog sitter, and given ONLY to the service provider on the day services commence for the given period stated in this agreement unless otherwise agreed upon by both parties in writing as an addendum to this agreement.
2. All payments made must be deposited before the start of service to secure your booking. Either at the start of every week or fortnightly.
3. The client understands that if the payment is not made before booking, their requested services may be canceled.