This event is a 2019 BTBA MAJOR Senior Ranking Event
event is sponsored by Striking Shirts www.strikingshirts.eu and B&P Fabrications Leicester Ltd www.bpfabs.co.uk
Tournament Venue -
Sunderland Riverside Bowling, Colima Avenue, Unit G, Sunderland SR5 3XF. Tel. 01915496778 (bowl).
TOURNAMENT GENERAL MANAGER JOHN STRETTLE, EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Texts 07932978123 before 9 pm please
Anthony Robson, Baz Walker, Dave Malpas
To participate in the BTBA Senior National Championships all entrants must be a member at the time of bowling in the tournament.
Anyone wishing to join the BTBA on the day will be able to do so by online direct debit at a cost of £22.50
All memberships will be checked online and in the case that anyone can not demonstrate their current membership they will have to pay this amount to join or to renew membership
To join or renew your membership please visit www.btba.org.uk
1) The tournament is open to all BTBA members who are aged 50 on or before 31st December 2019.
2) Players entering average will be based on the highest following average, irrespective of whether it was bowled on string machines or traditional freefall:
Following a decision by the BTBA Executive, Free Fall and String averages will both be accepted without differentiation for all handicap tournaments as from 1st August 2018. BTBA members will therefore have the opportunity of competing in tournaments on both String and Free Fall. Over 20% of all lanes in the UK are set to become String by the end of 2019. They will be subject to the usual lane certification process.
3) Players must declare their highest league or tournament average at the time of entry.
Current season’s average for 18 games or more at the time of entry being the highest in any league which the player bowls, or composite tournament average of 12 games or more, whichever is higher, but may not be more than 5 pins lower than the previous season’s average.
4) If the player does not have a current season’s average, last season’s average for 18 games or more will be acceptable, but may not be more than 5 pins lower than the bowlers highest previous average for any number of games. Nor may it be more than 5 pins lower than the players tournament average.
5) If the player is unable to declare an average then they will be accepted in the highest division.
6) The Tournament Manager reserves the right to accept, reject or re-rate any entrant, if in their opinion, the highest average submitted does not conform to past performance of the team or individual. Winner’s averages will be verified after the event.
7) The team captain is responsible for the accuracy of all averages of the individual team members and they are in turn responsible to them. Should the Tournament Manager find at any time that the averages have been falsified, the team/individual shall forfeit all claims for monies and prizes as well as their entry fee, and will be subject to disqualification and suspension from the BTBA.
8) The use of any foreign substance on bowling shoes or approaches is strictly prohibited. Cleaning bowling balls with chemicals from the latest up to date “acceptable list” (available on WTBA website) is permissible throughout the tournament. Altering the surface of bowling balls is permissible outside the playing area during practice or between squads only. Bowling balls must be thoroughly wiped with a dry cloth immediately after cleaning or altering the surface.
9) Players must wear suitable bowling attire. Players will not be permitted to wear denim. Tailored shorts will be permitted at the discretion of the tournament manager.
10) It is the responsibility of all players to ensure that their bowling balls confirm to USBC specifications. Spot checks may be made during this event.
11) Players are prohibited from smoking (including E-cigarettes) and the consumption of alcohol whilst their squad is in progress.
12) In the event of a tie for any position, the highest last game shall be used to determine who receives the highest position. In any situation where this does not resolve the tie, the penultimate game shall be used and so on. If the tie is still not resolved, a 10th frame roll off will be employed. In the event of a tie for an all-events position, the team games shall be used first, followed by the doubles, and finally if necessary the singles games.
13) Protests: In the event of a dispute, the Tournament Manager must be notified immediately and a provisional ball bowled if necessary. Protests must be made within 30 minutes and confirmed in writing to the Tournament Manager within 72 hours. The Tournament Manager’s decision will be final, subject to appeal to the B.T.B.A.
14) Any player whose conduct is considered liable to bring the game into disrepute will be disqualified from the tournament. Any individual so disqualified will be reported to the BTBA for consideration of disciplinary proceedings.
*Male and Female Team / Doubles combinations will be entered into the Open Division*.
Singles and All Events
Division A Average (Open Division) 185 and over (Female division 170 and over) enter with individual averages
Division B Average (Open Division) 184 and under (Female division 169 and under) enter with individual average
Division A Average (Open Division) 370 and over (Female division 340 and over) maximum composite average
Division B Average (Open Division) 369 and under (Female division 339 and under) maximum composite average
Four person Team Event
Division A Average (Open Division) 740 and over (Female division 680 and over) maximum composite average
Division B Average (Open Division) 739 and under (Female division 679 and under) maximum composite average
Full entry available online at www.BTBA.org.uk
SANCTION NUMBER 19/0017
Squad and Registration Times
Saturday 4/5 Squad SAT A Singles and Doubles registration 08.00-08.30, practice 08.30, bowling 8.45 prompt
Saturday 4/5 Squad SAT B Team registration 11.30-12.00, practice 12.30, bowling 12.45 pm prompt
Saturday 4/5 Squad SAT C Singles and Doubles registration 3.00-3.30, practice 4.15, bowling 4.30 pm prompt
Sunday 5/5 Squad SAT D Singles and Doubles registration 08.00-08.30, practice 08.30, bowling 8.45 prompt
Sunday 5/5 Squad SAT E Team registration 11.30-12.00, practice 12.30, bowling 12.45 pm prompt
Sunday 5/5 Squad SAT F Singles and Doubles registration 3.00-3.30, practice 4.15, bowling 4.30 pm prompt
Saturday 11/5 Squad SAT G Singles and Doubles registration 08.00-08.30, practice 08.30, bowling 8.45 prompt
Saturday 11/5 Squad SAT H Team registration 11.30-12.00, practice 12.30, bowling 12.45 pm prompt
Saturday 11/5 Squad SAT I Singles and Doubles registration 3.00-3.30, practice 4.15, bowling 4.30 pm prompt
Sunday 12/5 Squad SAT J Singles and Doubles registration 08.00-08.30, practice 08.30, bowling 8.45 prompt
Sunday 12/5 Squad SAT K Team registration 11.30-12.00, practice 12.30, bowling 12.45 pm prompt
Sunday 12/5 Squad SAT L Singles and Doubles registration 3.00-3.30, practice 4.15, bowling 4.30 pm prompt
Lane Maintenance will be after each squad. Bowlers will change lanes after any three game set only.