Greetings Hardware Hackers and Security Pros!!
hardwear.io is seeking innovative hands-on Workshops and Villages on hardware security for our first Hardware Security Conference and Training in the US. If you have done interesting research on attacks or mitigation on any Hardware and want to showcase it to the security community, just submit your research paper.
NOTE: Please read the below content before submitting even if you are a seasoned speaker.
1st USA Edition
CFP opened on 18th March 2019
Tips for submitting
1) Submit early - Submitting early increases the chance of acceptance in the first round of review itself. The more you delay the more competition you have with other papers that are submitted later.
2) Technical description - The more concrete technical details you provide the better chance you have of getting accepted. Reviewers usually give low score to submissions that have very small or vague abstract and may not request for more details. The best way is to provide a supporting full technical paper that explains all the vulnerabilities, exploits etc in detail.
3) Declining a paper - Please take rejection as a suggestion for improvement somewhere in the paper and not as an offense. Declining a paper does not mean your submission is not good. There are many parameters we look at when reviewing a paper, technical in-depth is only one of them. Many times we have to let go of really good talks because there is already an accepted paper on similar subject or too many good submissions. We want you to succeed and are only trying to help you in preparing you for future submissions. So, cheer up and get ready for the next submission.
4) Review comments - We do not ask our review board for comments.
5) Category - If the submission is (being) presented prior hardwear.io or if it is an enhancement of an already presented research, please DO NOT mark it as new research as it falls under current research.
If you have any queries, feel free to get in touch with us at cfp <at> hardwear DOT io
hardwear accepts papers on any topic that discusses in-depth hardware and firmware security both from the offensive as well as defensive perspective. Some of the topics of interest include (but not limited to):
- Integrated Circuits
- Internet of Things / Smart Devices
- Embedded Systems
- Automobile, Aeroplane, Train Automation Systems and Hardware Components
- Industrial Control Systems / SCADA Systems
- Satellite Systems
- Medical Devices
- Smartphone Firmware, Hardware
- Hardware Pentesting
- Trusted Platform Module
- Radio Communication Protocols and Hardware
- Hardware Trust and Assurance Algorithms
- Multimedia Hardware, Firmware, Protocols
- Telecom Hardware / Networks
- Electronic / Physical Locks
- Workshop - 120 mins
- Village – during both conference days
We have an external review panel that scores the papers and based on the scoring and our internal decision, we take a call on acceptance of papers.
CFP Opens: 18th March 2019
CFP Closing Date: 25th April 2019
Speaker Announcement: 1st May 2019
Training Dates: 11th - 12th June 2019
Conference Dates: 13th -14th June 2019
FOR WORKSHOP AND VILLAGE CATEGORY
- Travel Reimbursement - Based on actuals or USD 700 whichever is less
> If your employer can afford (or pays for) your travel, we will not reimburse anything from our end i.e. we will only reimburse if no one is sponsoring your travel
> Please provide the receipts/invoice of the travel along with tickets for reimbursement
- Complimentary Accommodation for 3 nights
- Complimentary Conference Pass
- Invitation to hardwear.io party
* Only one speaker will be eligible for the benefits, in case there are two or more speakers for a talk.
** By submitting a paper and agreeing to talk, the speaker gives hardwear.io the right to post, publish, re-distribute online and offline, soft and / or hard copies of his / her presentation material including slides, source code, design specifications, detailed paper and the recorded video of the talk.