This is for submissions for the Film & TV awards categories.
Deaffest invites UK and International emerging and established filmmakers to submit their films to the 13th Film and Arts Festival, taking place in Wolverhampton, UK 17th to 19th May 2019.
Deaffest has 10 awards categories for you to submit under, if you don't want to submit your film to the award categories, we have a non-competition category. Please make sure you tick the correct boxes below.
Please make sure you read this form in full before submitting your film, as the rules have been updated.
FILM SUBMISSION RULES
- Open to UK and International filmmakers - (dependent on the category).
- Deaffest welcomes films completed FROM 1st January 2017 onwards.
- There must be a significant level of involvement of deaf people in the making of the film (e.g. producer, director, writer, actor, editor and so on). Please contact us if you are unsure.
- Films must be submitted in high definition and with English captions/subtitles, there is more information in the submission guidelines section.
- Deaffest is unable to return any film and submission materials, with the exception of hard drives which will be returned only by request and payment of return postage plus an administration fee. Alternatively, you can arrange to collect it at Deaffest weekend (17th - 19th May 2019), please email email@example.com to arrange the date and time.
- If you wish to withdraw your film, please contact us as soon as possible. All fees are non-refundable and a penalty charge may be incurred.
- Films will NOT be accepted if this submission form has not been completed.
- Films can be submitted online or by post. A receipt of acknowledgement will be emailed.
- Deaffest welcomes films that have NOT been previously shortlisted for the Deaffest Film & TV Awards.
- Films submitted for the Film & TV Awards will be selected based on script, cinematography, structure, characters, entertainment value and overall quality.
- If your film is not shortlisted for the Film & TV Awards, we retain the right to screen your film in the non-competition category.
- Deaffest retains the right not to accept films which are deemed unsuitable for the festival.
- If your film is not suitable for daytime screening, it may be shown at a later time and will include an over 18 age restriction.
- If you have been nominated for an award at Deaffest 2019, certificates (nominees and winners) and awards (winners only) will be available for collection during the festival Gala evening (18th May 2019). If you are unable to attend, your certificate/award can be posted out to you and you will be asked to pay a postage and administration fee. More details will be released prior to the festival.
SUBMISSION DEADLINES AND FEES
Thursday 31st January 2019
Thursday 28th February 2019
For films and submission forms submitted between Friday 1st February 2019 - Thursday 28th February 2019 you can pay via the following methods:
CHEQUE: £20.00 payable to 'Zebra Access', post to 'Zebra Uno & Zebra Access, C/O Deaffest, Wolverhampton Science Park, Glaisher Drive, Wolverhampton WV10 9TG.'
PAYPAL: Please send payment to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
BACS: Please send payment online to ZEBRA ACCESS.
BANK TRANSFER: Sort Code: 40-47-11 / Account Number: 32321238.
(REFERENCE/SUBJECT: Please enter name of filmmaker or company.)