ABOUT THIS EVENT
“This tournament is to provide competitive, but friendly practice for the Inter County Qualifiers in September. I would also like Counties to use this tournament to offer the players who made the squad, but not the 1st team a chance to pull
on their county shirt and bowl for the county. Money is tight and if YOUR County can't afford to subsidise a team, perhaps you can offer your bowlers a chance to fund their entry themselves - I have kept the cost to absolute minimum”. –
2018 Winners - Sussex
2017 Winners - Surrey
2016 Winners - Surrey
2015 Winners - Surrey
2014 Winners - Kent
2013 Winners - Hampshire Ladies
2012 Winners - Hampshire Ladies
The tournament is open to ...
Any bowler that attended their counties trials and qualified in the top 20 At any age division.
Counties can enter as many teams as they like, as long as they meet the criteria above
Mixed teams are allowed
1. The tournament is sanctioned by the B.T.B.A. and the general playing and tournament rules will govern this event together with the following special rules:
2. Players are only eligible if they qualified within the top 20 in the adult or senior YAC or Junior qualifying rounds within their county.
3. Women will receive a 10 pins bonus per game. Senior men will receive 7pins bonus and Senior Ladies will receive 13pins bonus. A senior is classed as a bowler
who is 50+ years of age from the date of the tournament.
4. BTBA cards will be checked online via the membership database. And bowlers who's membership is lapsed will not be permitted to bowl.
5. A provisional ball must be rolled if a dispute relating to pinfall cannot be resolved immediately.
6. Protests must be made verbally at the time and confirmed in writing to the tournament manager within 72 hours of the game in which the infraction occurred.
7. No player substitutions will be allowed. In the event of injury the tournament manger will use his discretion, and then a substitution maybe permitted at the start of the next game/
8. All bowlers must register at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled squad time.
Tournament Manager -Daniel Reginald William Bonfield III
Email any queries and questions to: email@example.com
Closing date for entries 10pm 16th June 2019
Teams will be made up of 5 players who meet the qualification criteria.
Each team shall bowl 5 games in total with a lane change after each game. There will be a re-dress between games 3 and 4.
The team with the highest pinfall over 5 games will be declared the winner.
10 minutes practice will commence at 10:30am sharp.
There will be no cash prize fund for this event. The winning county will however receive a shiny trophy donated by Bedfordshire Tenpin Bowling Association.
Please arrive 30minutes prior to your squad time
Side pots will be run by BASHER at the start of the qualifying roundy.
Payment to be made on the day in CASH ONLY
(5 games @£3 per game)
Tournament sanction fee £2.00
Cost Per Player £17.50
Cost Per Team £87.50