Visioning You Visioning Me© are providers of Visioning Board Experience Days and Workshops, designed to facilitate an immersive experiential Visioning Process, which by default allows us to access our hidden depths.
‘Vision’ in its simplest form is what we can see because our eyes, sends the data that it receives to the brain, where it is translated into something that makes sense to us.
‘Vision’ is also a word used to describe our perception, our values, and our view of the world. It’s also synonymous with our plans, ambitions, ideas, wants, dreams, aspirations, destiny, purpose, desires, and goals.
'Visioning' also called 'Visualisation' has a strong basis in Science and the field of Neuroscience is beginning to expand our knowledge by mapping the brain and the regions that are active during different cognitive tasks.
We don’t yet know how the brain makes images and it’s suggested that complex neural processes play a part in our childhood imaginary games and that this innate ability builds our adult brains capacity to continue to imagine things we have never seen before.
Why is this important?
Because this is the foundation of creating Visioning Boards.
Without the ability to see beyond what is in front of our eyes, creating a Visioning Board can be a challenging rather than an enriching experience.
There is no magic or secret that you have to discover. Creating a Visioning Board will not change your Life.
A Visioning Board is part of a Change Process. It is not the Process.
In short, if you are not ready to change, you are not ready to change. It’s simply not your time. And when you are ready to change, the Change Process is ready for you.
What’s on Offer?
As an individual, you can choose to participate on:
1. Bespoke Visioning Board Experience Day, is a full day running from 9am – 5pm with the creation of a Visioning Board at its heart.
(We also host bespoke Visioning Board Experience Days designed for work groups and teams, associations, and students on request.)
2. Bespoke Visioning Board Experience Workshop is a half-day workshop running from 10am – 2pm with the creation of a Visioning Board as the main activity.
What to Expect?
The workshop begins with a mindfulness exercise, followed by an extended visioning process.
- Collect your images – you’ll look through magazines and other media for images that speak to you in some way.
- Creating your visual story – this is where the fun begins. You’re encouraged to take your time and feel your way into it. There is no right or wrong, its time to ‘play’.
- Share the meaning of your image through reflective writing – you do not have to share your creation with anyone else if you do not want to. You’re encouraged to engage in a dialogue that speaks to and speaks of what it is that you know now and what it is that you want to express to yourself now.
Your process will be facilitated by Patricia who will be along side you for as much or as little of the process as you want. Often it’s the silence that speaks loudest.
What are the benefits?
We hope that you will leave with a greater sense of yourself, your strengths, weaknesses, and what it is that motivates or keeps you stuck or procrastinating.
What you love or are passionate about and what you now want to commit to.
The areas that you will simply not compromise on, because they do not match your values and purpose for yourself, your community, and your world.
A sense of the direction that you want to be heading in, with your career, business, relationship, projects etc.
We hope that you will have a snapshot of the You that is awake today, which provides firm foundations on which to grow.
You will leave with a visual representation of a moment in time that will speak to you and act as an anchor for you as often as you want.
Its impact on you is for you to know and for us to be inspired by.