1) BOOKING FORMS - All bookings are to be made using our on-line booking system.
2) DESCRIPTION OF STALL - Please ensure you state full details of the goods or services you will be selling or promoting from your stall at the time of booking. Prices of any goods on sale from your outlet must be clearly displayed. We do not permit any form of gambling, gaming, raffles or mock auctions. Unless you are one of our authorised catering outlets, restrictions are placed on any goods designed for consumption on the premises. If you are unsure about this please talk to us in advance to avoid disappointment on the day.
3) PARKING AND VEHICLE USE - A free permit for access to the field for setup and pack down will be sent to you along with your booking confirmation. This permit will also allow you to park free in the main car park during the event opening hours. In the interests of safety, ALL vehicles must be removed to the car park, not the public highway, by 11.00am. Vehicles without a pass will be subject to parking fees at the prevailing rate. The driving of vehicles during and immediately after the fete has closed is strictly forbidden until the field is clear of all members of the public. We anticipate this to be approx 5:00pm.
4) EQUIPMENT - Stall holders are expected to supply all their own equipment including tables, chairs and any shelter. We are unable to provide these. We strongly recommend you cover your stall with a suitable gazebo or similar form of shelter. We do not supply or hire tables, chairs or shelters.
5) WATER/ELECTRICITY/LPG/HELIUM - Water is available on site from the Cricket Pavilion. Please ensure you bring your own containers as required as these are not available on site. No electricity supply is available. Small portable “whisper” type generators are permitted as long as these are sited within your plot and protected from public access. We would prefer you used diesel generators rather than petrol if at all possible. Noisy and/or smoky generators are not permitted on the site and you may be asked to move or switch off such units if required. You may use Helium/Balloon gas as long as you take any bottles (full or otherwise) home with you at the end of the event.
You must tell us in advance if you will be bringing a generator or intend to use LPG fuelled equipment.
6) DECORATION - All units MUST display the name of your organisation prominently. We hope that you will enter into the spirit of the Fete and decorate your unit/s as attractively and appropriately as possible.
7) STOCK - As the day's events run from 12 noon to 4.30 pm approximately you are advised to ensure that your unit has adequate stocks to last throughout the afternoon. Please remember that this event attracts large numbers of visitors. You are not permitted to use vehicles for re-stocking during the fete.
8) SAFETY & SECURITY - You are responsible for Health & Safety on your plot for your helpers and the
general public using your unit. You are further advised not to keep excessive amounts of money on site. Money and valuables should be out of sight and secured. Please refer to our separate Health and Safety sheet for full details, this will be sent to you along with your booking confirmation.
9) WASTE - Any large items of rubbish, packaging and bulk food waste MUST be taken by you from the site and not deposited in the litter bins. A skip is provided for general rubbish and large items.
10) PAYMENT - A booking confirmation cannot be issued until payment is received. Payments should be made by bank transfer or paid online. Details will be provided at the time of booking.
13) Neither Much Hadham Fete Committee or the Much Hadham Recreation Trust can be held responsible for any loss or damage to property or injury to any person caused by the day's activities, the weather or any other reason or cause.
14) The Fete Committee reserve the right to refuse admission or participation in the event.