The England QubicaAMF World Cup Qualifier
“The most prestigious amateur singles event in the sport of bowling and the largest annual international sports championship in terms of participating nations”
Go Bowling Dunstable – July 28th and 3rd and 4th August 2019
Grove Park, Court Drive, Dunstable LU5 4JD
The top male and top female Bowler will be invited to represent England in the 55th QubicaAMF World Cup in Palembang, Indonesia
A BTBA Tour MAJOR ranking event – BTBA Sanction No. – 19/0069
All bowlers will bowl six games, changing lanes after each game. The top 18 men and the top 10 ladies will qualify for Round Two with their total scores carrying forward.
The qualifiers from Round One will bowl four games with the top 8 men and the top 4 ladies qualifying for Round Three.
Bowlers qualifying for Round Three will be seeded according to their finishing position in Round Two and will retain their seed number for the remainder of the tournament.
Scores will revert to zero at the beginning of this round.
The top 8 men and the top 4 ladies will play a best of 3 match with the winners progressing to Round Four and the losers being ranked 5th to 8th and 3rd to 4th in their respective divisions. In this round, Mens seed 1 will play seed 8, 2 vs 7 etc and the Women will play 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd.
Bowlers qualifying for Round Four will compete in a best-of-three match. The highest seeded man will play the lowest remaining seed. Round Four will be the final round for the women to declare 1st and 2nd place
The two remaining men will compete in a best of three match. The outcome will determine 1st and 2nd
Squad A 28th July Registration 12.00 pm Roll-off 12.30pm
Squad B 3rd August Registration 9.30 am Roll-off 10 am
Squad C 3rd August Registration 1.30 pm Roll-off 2 pm
Squad D 4th August Registration 9.30 am Roll-off 10 am ** NOW FULL - waiting list.
1pm Lane Dress
2pm Round Two
4pm Round Three
5pm Lane Dress
5.30pm Round Four
7.00pm Round Five
£47 – includes a £5 BTBA tour pot contribution, £2 tournament sanction fee, and £12.50 prize money
THE QUALIFYING ROUND WILL ALSO HAVE AN OPTIONAL £5 SCRATCH GAME POT, PAYING OUT AFTER EACH GAME (over all 4 qualifying squads)
Both the Male and Female winner will win a minimum of £1,000 guaranteed*. The winners will also be invited to be England’s representatives at this year’s Qubica AMF world cup in Palenbang, Indonesia. Hotel (bed and breakfast) and transfers will be included as well as invitation to tournament banquet. You will be expected to share a twin room with a bowler from another country or pay a supplement to have your own single / double room. The England representatives will be required to comply with the QubicaAMF World Cup rules.
The Date for the 55th QubicaAMF World Cup is November 16th – 24th
The winner will also receive two Exclusive World Cup England shirts, provided and designed by tour sponsor Striking Shirts.
*From the £1,000 prize fund you will be expected to pay for your own air fare and baggage allowance to and from Indonesia and any travel insurance. The £1,000 will only be paid out on the individual’s acceptance of their World Cup Place. The winner will have 2 weeks from the 5th August to decide whether they are going to take up their place. If they are either unable or choose not to, then they forfeit the winner’s prize and instead will win £150. In the event of this occurrence, the second place player will be offered the invitation instead, then third etc.
Once an individual accepts their place in the QubicaAMF World Cup they will be expected to find and book their own flights, and we will then transfer the money to the individual to cover the cost. Then 10 days before the departure date we will transfer the remaining money to the individual.
1. This tournament is sanctioned by the B.T.B.A. and the General playing and Tournament rules will govern this event, together with the following special rules.
2. A bowlers membership will be checked against the BTBA Members database. Those who are not members of the B.T.B.A. or fail to provide proof of membership are permitted to bowl providing they sign up for a year’s BTBA membership (£25.00). If the membership is subsequently proved 14 days after the conclusion of the tournament the individuals £25.00 will be returned.
3. A provisional ball must be rolled if a dispute relating to pin fall cannot be resolved immediately.
4. Protests must be made within 30 minutes of any infraction occurring and confirmed in writing within 72 hours to the Tournament Manager.
5. The Tournament Manager reserves the right to reject any entry and his decision on all matters shall be final. Subject to an appeal to the B.T.B.A.
6. Closing date for entries 10pm July 25th and all entry fees must be paid in cash on the day.
7. In the event of a tie in rounds 1 and 2 then low last game will be relegated to the lower position.
8. In the event of a tie in the knockout rounds then there will be a 9th and 10th frame rolloff with the highest seed choosing whether to bowler first of second.
9. No smoking or consuming alcohol whilst bowling
10. The wearing of denim jeans, combat clothing, vests is prohibited.
11. The tournament director reserves the right to reassess any entered average and to disqualify any individual who deliberately submits a false average, subject to appeal to the B.T.B.A. Any disqualified individual will not be entitled to any reimbursement of entry fees
BTBA TOUR RANKING POINTS
This is a MAJOR event on the calendar so extra points are available as laid out in the BTBA Tour Brochure. BTBA Tour points will be awarded on the individuals placing after ROUND 2.