We are delighted that you are considering adopting or fostering through Alfie’s Dog Rescue (Alfie’s) and we will work with you every step of the way to try and find you the dog that you are looking for.
We ask that you read through this documentation very carefully – we want you to be happy from the start, through to when you take your new fur baby home, and beyond.
Most of our dogs have not come from home environments which makes assessing their temperament in the circumstances difficult. We will give you as much information as possible to help you decide on an individual dogs suitability for your family.
So, what do you do now/what happens next?
1. Complete the application form.
(if you’d rather do this manually, please do so but ensure that it is entire and signed. Please post to:
31 Commercial Street, Nantymoel, Bridgend CF32 7NW)
It would really help us if the form could provide as much detail as possible.
2. Once we have received your completed application form, subject to you meeting our criteria and agreeing on a suitable dog for you we will arrange for a Home Check to be carried out.
(These checks are carried out by a team of independent volunteers. The homechecker will contact you directly to arrange the appointment. We have no control over the length of time this takes but we do appreciate your patience whilst this is arranged.)
3. Once you have passed your homecheck you will be invited to meet your dog. We like our adopters to meet their potential new dog at least twice so please bear the geography in mind when making your choice. You will be expected to spend time with the dog in their foster environment but also to walk him/her.
4. Once you have met the chosen dog a couple of times – these visits must include all family members and resident dogs, if applicable, – you will be asked to pay a NON REFUNDABLE £100 deposit. When these funds are in our account the dog you have chosen will no longer be available for meet and greets from other interested parties. Nor will he/she be advertised. However, we reserve the right to withdraw the application at any time if we believe that the information provided is not correct or issues arise during the process.
5. The balance of the adoption donation must be paid within 14 days and prior to the dog’s collection.
PLEASE BEAR THE FOLLOWING IN MIND:
Some dogs (typically puppies) are very popular and therefore receive a great deal of interest and multiple applications. We take great pride in trying to match our dogs to the most suitable home.
We must make you aware that just because you pass a homecheck this does not guarantee adoption of the initial dog you fell in love with. There are so many dogs needing loving homes and we will do our utmost to find one suitable for you.
No applicant is permitted to meet a dog until such time as their application form is approved and a homecheck complete and passed.
The adoption process does not constitute a sale. The adoption fee is a donation to our work and enables us to go forward and continue saving dogs – be it transport, food, vets bills, etc.