Terms and Conditions
British Powerlifting Union
1. I understand this is a non-tested division of the federation.
2. I agree and understand that all persons of the ABPU and BPU, AWPC and WPC are not repsonsible nor can be held accountable for any injury, physical or physcological and that I take part in competing entirely at my own risk. No volunteers, staff, other members can be held accountable for any injury physical or psychological at any competiton held by or on behalf of the ABPU or BPU, AWPC or WPC.
3. I agree and understand that my membership will be revoked without refund for any behaviour deemed as defamatory, threatening, dangerous or criminal without discussion to any other lifter or contest volunteer or official.
4. I agree to abide by the competiton rules of the WPC, AWPC, ABPU and BPU.
5. I agree at international competiton when repesenting Great Britain I will not partake in any activity which will bring the federation into disrepute.
6. I will abide by the social media ruling that no defamatory comments will be made about other federations or other competitiors. The federation has the right at any time to revoke the membership of any lifter who verbally defames others up to and including libelous comments, threats and other behaviour considered aggressive, threatening or enciting.
7. I agree that I will produce my current membership PDF at all competitons and that I will not be permitted to lift without it.
8. I understand that collection of trophies or medals is my responsibility and not that of the federation after the event.
9. I atest that all information on this applicaiton form is true.
10. I understand that all qualifier competitions are on a first come first served basis and it is my responsibility to follow the instructions on the web site and to enter in a timely manner in order to secure a place. Membership does not guarentee a place at qualifiers although the federation makes every effort to accommodate members. This does NOT apply to British, European and World Championships which all have closing dates and your place is guarenteed should you qualify.
11. I agree to membership in the spirit of competiton and sportsmanship and to help and support my fellow competitors befitting with the ethos of the federation.