GENERAL FILM ENTRY GUIDELINES
• Films must satisfy at least two of the below conditions:
- the film must be set in Africa;
- the director of the film must be of African origin (this includes members of the African diaspora);
- the film must relate to issues, which directly or indirectly concern the historical or current social, economic or cultural situation in Africa or the African diaspora.
• Films must not have been screened or submitted for selection in previous editions of AfryKamera.
• Production dates for the movie are no older than 1st January 2016.
• Films should be submitted via link or on DVD or BLURAY format for preview screening. Preferred final screening formats are DCP, BLURAY or HD files (.mov, etc.). Other formats can be accepted after prior agreement.
By submitting your film for consideration to AfryKamera, you are telling us that you have full authority to do so, that the film is cleared for potential festival exhibition, and that you accept full legal responsibility. On acceptance of the movie into the program of the festival, AfryKamera is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt (max 30 seconds) from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition. Entry does not forfeit the rightsholders claim for screening fees. You shall also indemnify and hold harmless AfryKamera from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving the copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening films entered.