Thank you for agreeing to share data with Somerset County Council Public Health and West Somerset Opportunities Group.
A summary of the data collected this year will form the basis for an End of Year Report which will be available for viewing on the internet. The names of schools participating will be mentioned in the the report but data will not be linked with specific schools unless you give permission.
We are required to demonstrate that hub schools (St Michaels in Minehead, Dulverton, Dunster and West Somerset College)
- include Emotion Coaching updates as a standing item in staff meetings
- have set dates to host network meetings cascading new information and training to other settings (the commissioners have suggested one network meeting per term)
- increased awareness by project participants of the Public Health website including the Somerset Wellbeing Framework and the Mental Health and Parent toolkits and available local mental health support services
In addition we hope to show that schools involved with The Emotion Coaching Project show
- an improvement in measurable whole school OutPuts e.g. internal exclusions, external exclusions, class room call outs, behavioural incidents
- changes to their behaviour management policies following sessions with Educational Psychologist
- increased skills in Reception staff working with children who fail PSED in Early Years and their families following sessions with both Sam Sidney, one of the Wellness Coaches (Liz Peacock or Liz Kane) and Jane Andrews (supervisor/coach)
- in Early Years settings in Minehead an understanding of the effects of adversity on child development following work with Liz Kane and Facts4Life
This form is set up so that you can enter data and submit direct to EHCAP.
Very best wishes
Dr Sarah Temple MRCGP
Director EHCAP Ltd