This form must be completed by the child's Nurse Specialist or Consultant.
Forms completed by parents will not be accepted.
PLEASE READ THIS GUIDANCE BEFORE COMPLETING THE FORM:
Please refer to our camper criteria below and confirm at the bottom of the page that the child meets the criteria
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR CAMPERS
We invite applications from children ages 8 to 17 years, living in the the UK, who are currently receiving treatment, or experiencing the challenges of a serious health challenge.
To ensure the child is able to benefit fully from our camp programme, they must :
- Have the physical ability to participate in an action-packed activity programme with a range of high and low energy activities
- Have the social and emotional ability to participate in a group setting and team activities with children of their own age
- Be able to communicate their needs independently
- Be able to transfer from floor to chair and bed to chair independently if they use a wheelchair
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept campers who:
- Have learning, behavioural or social communication needs that would prevent them from participating in age appropriate group activities.
- Are more than 2-3 years off treatment, if they do not have any ongoing health challenges
- Need overnight care/intervention/monitoring, or health care needs that require constant one to one support
- Have Cystic Fibrosis or Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (due to the risk of cross-infection and infection to immunocompromised campers)
- Are on a ketogenic diet
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the applicant or process please contact us on 02392 477110 or email@example.com. This form can be returned by email or post, please see last page for details.