HYPER HADO Tournament
Booking Form (FREE)
HADO is a Japanese augmented reality sport, blending AR technology with physical sport to create a new genre of gaming. HYPER HADO Tournament is taking place at the HYPER JAPAN Festival 2019 from 12-14 July.
Tournament (this is a daily tournament and it takes 1.5 hours, 8 teams can participate in each tournament.)
Friday 12th: 18:00-19:30
Saturday 13th Session1: 11:00-12:30
Saturday 13th Session2: 17:00-18:30
Sunday 14th: 14:00-15:30
1. Participants must be 16 years of age or older. If you look young for your age, please be prepared to show valid proof of age.
2. Each group needs to consist of a minimum 3 people (maximum 5 people with 2 substitutions) to enter the tournament.
3. All members of the team need to have a valid ticket for HYPER JAPAN Festival 2019.
3. RULES OF THE SPORT
Teams consist of between 3 to 5 players, 3 players on the pitch and up to 2 subs. Substitutions can not be made during a game.
Each player has 4 tear drop shaped life markers in the air in front of them in a cross shape. When an energy blast hits these they are destroyed, if you can hit the center of the cross all 4 can be destroyed with a single shot. Once all 4 life markers are destroyed that player is knocked out of game for 3 seconds, before being returned to play on full life. Each time you KO an opposing player it earns 1 point for your team. Each match lasts for 80 seconds, plus overtime in the case of a draw.
4. KEY ACTIONS
1. Charging energy, done by having your arm in an upward vertical position. Every shot fired uses energy and you will have to recharge before you can fire again. You start each game on zero energy and can not charge energy during your 3 second KO.
2. Firing, done by striking your arm out into a horizontal position. The energy blast targets the center of your vision, not where your hand points.
3. Shields, done by having your arm in a downwards vertical position. Over roughly 3 seconds a circle forms in your eye line, when complete your shield is charged and can be raised by sweeping your arm from low to high. Each player may raise 3 shields per game, shields stay in place once raised and may be fired through by you and your team mates.