Membership is open to:
(per Article III Section 3(a) of the IWC Stockholm Constitution)
Foreign-born English-speaking women
1) New membership shall be open to all foreign-born English-speaking women who are not originally of Swedish nationality and who have resided in Stockholm no more than ten consecutive years prior to their application.
2) Women who have resided in Sweden for too long a period to be eligible for membership may be admitted under a separate quota.
3) Where an applicant has lived in Sweden, moved abroad (for a minimum period of one year) and returned to Sweden before making a membership application, the burden of proof in relation to residency abroad lies with the applicant. Applicants may be required to supply official documentation from the relevant state authorities in the country where the applicant resided before returning to Sweden.
Women of Swedish nationality
1) Women of Swedish nationality who have been living abroad for more than 10 consecutive years and have returned to Sweden no more than 3 years prior to their application will be considered for membership and may be admitted under a separate quota.
2) Swedish-born women with full diplomatic status representing another country in Sweden.